Good To KnowFree Admission
December 13, 2013
February 13, 2014
Palazzo Morando in Milan hosts the exhibition Milano Tra Le Due Guerre (Milan Between The Two Wars), a retrospective dedicated to the photographs of Arnaldo Chierichetti (1887–1975).
The 140 works on display are a tribute to Milan and its canals, which in the period between the two World Wars were still a prominent feature of the city. Since 1930 most of the canals have been filled in and made into roads, nowadays featuring mostly asphalt and cars.
Arnaldo Chierichetti was one of the first Milanese photojournalists, capturing everyday life and its development since the early part of 20th century. As well as being a photographer, since 1914 Chierichetti ran the opticians Ottica Chierichetti in Corso di Porta Romana 76, which is still active today and celebrating its 100th anniversary.